WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
At The Gin Box, we showcase South Africa’s finest.
What can you expect?
- Private delivery to your door
- A new mystery 750ml bottle one of South Africa’s unique craft gins
- Two to four unique local or international tonics
- Three hand-selected gourmet food items that are often not readily available from retail stores.
- A comprehensive list of distiller’s notes
- A history of the gin from the origination of the name, through to the distillation process, its unique properties
- Creative suggestions for quality pairings
- Ideas on experimental garnishes to bring your drink and glass to life
WHY THE GIN BOX?
“Gin has long been enjoyed in South Africa and, for decades, we have been drinking many imported British gins, because, up until recently, we had never really ‘South Africanized’ it. In addition, it had always been drunk with a simple tonic, but it could be adapted and made more original by adding hints of flavour, garnishes like pomegranates or rosemary, through to even changing the colour of the gin. There’s no doubt that there’s more bravery and fun with gin drinking, because there’s more versatility with it. In the same way that whisky experienced its own period of popularity, which will always endure, and craft breweries exploded onto the scene, gin has rapidly emerged as the new star player of the drinks cabinet and bar scene.” Jean Buckham, founder – The Gin Box